May 11, 2016
Last night Latam Founders held it’s Third Annual Awards Gala at Scheeeins in Sao Paulo bringing together over 300 leaders of the investment and technology space in Latin America. This is the only event where networking truly plays a key role; conversations started at this event have led to lasting business-to-business and business-to-investor relationships, strategic partnerships, and overall company growth.
The Latam Founders Awards are unique because the nominees and winners have been selected and determined by the top CEOs, Founders and Investors in Latin America to recognize and honor the people and companies that are truly making an impact on the region, 'The Best in Latin America'. Over the last 2 years, Award Winners have gone on to become major game-changers in the region with rapid growth, substantial funding and success.
The event included an Enlightening Speaker Session which brought together a collection of industry leaders from around the world to share their best practices; speakers included:
- Fernando Fascioli, President of Latin America & Caribbean McCann WorldGroup
- Mariano Gomide Faria, Founder & CEO Vtex
- Deborah Vietas, President, AMCHAM Brasil
- Peter Gervai, Director of Latin America, AppNexus
- Estelle Rinaudo, Managing Director, Girls in Tech
- Lucky Gobindram, Founder & CEO OAB Labs
- Eduardo Mufarej, CEO, Somos Educacao
- Denise Damiani, Partner, Denise Damiani Consulting
- Osvaldo Barbosa de Oliviera, Managing Director of Latin America, Linkedin
The winners of the Third Latam Founders Awards are:
● Best Investor: The award is determiend based on portfolio performance, operational value add, success in fundraising, defined investment strategy, helps facilitate growth in the private equity/venture capital ecosystem in Latin America: Redpoint eVentures (winner), Astella Investimentos, e.Bricks Ventures, Kaszek Ventures, Monashees Capital ,Valor Capital
● Best B2B Company: Determined by content, structure and navigation, functionality, service provided, overall user experience, raising the bar for the sector and making a tangible difference on a potentially global scale Contabilizei (winner), Conta Azul, Gaveteiro, Gympass, Loggi, Zup
● Best B2C Company: Determined by content, structure and navigation, visual design, functionality, service provided, overall user experience, customer experience and satisfaction, raising the bar for their sector, local/regional/global impact, overall positive impact on the region Nubank (winner), Itaro, GuiaBolso, Magnetis, Passei Direto, RecargaPay
● Best International Company: Determined by influential presence in the market including job creation, revenue generation, operational efficiency, and cultural adaptation, strong collaboration with local and regional businesses, overall positive impact, strong corporate culture Uber (winner)Airbnb, Amazon, MercadoLibre.com, SurveyMonkey, Zendesk
● Most Innovative Company: Determined by new approach/business model in product, culture or process, not only address a need and solves a problem but also seizes an opportunity and creates a new market or industry,overall industry game changer, positive impact on the region Pipefy (winner), Nubank, Nutrebem, QuintoAndar, RecargaPay, Satellogic
● Most Impactful Company: Determined by leadership excellence, community commitment, outstanding brand management, positive influence on local community, economically successful, creating a truly sustainable and social business model Dr. Consulta (winner) Emprego Ligado, Geekie, Movile, Nubank, Satellogic
● Best Accelerator: Determine portfolio performance, operational value add, helps to facilitate growth in the startup and entrepreneurial ecosystem, educational value, collaboration efforts Aceleratech (winner), NXTP Labs, Startup Chile, Startup Farm, Startup Rio, Wayr
Entrepreneur of the Year Determined by the contribution and impact to the Latin America technology ecosystem, demonstrates strong leadership, financial performance, innovative approach, entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional growth was awarded to Bruno Pierobon CEO of Zup Bruno Pierobon CEO of Zup
This event would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors. Thank you Baptista Luz Advogados, Adyen, SoftLayer, Vtex, Distrito, Carva, Cuor di crema, Printi, BMW, Ingresse, Oasis Collections, Uber, Fly Helo, Velocity,Nina Bruni, and Artist André Crespo. We are extremely grateful for their help in making the Awards Gala such a magical evening.
Latam Founders brings key players together – from companies in cutting-edge technology to forward-thinking financiers, and the world's leading corporations. With over 700 members in 19 different countries LFN is here to be your bridge between the countries in the region and the world.